Explore St. Louis Summer 2015 Ambassador Search Official Competition Rules
Official competition Rules
1. The Explore St. Louis Summer 2015 Ambassador Search competition (“competition”) is open to bloggers and influencers living in St. Louis. Minimum age for participation and eligibility is 18 years. Limit of one entry per person.
2. All entries must be submitted through a video clip filmed by KSDK on March 20th, which is to be published in an original, dedicated post in each blogger’s editorial content feed following all content guidelines provided to bloggers.
3. To enter the competition you will be required to provide: your name, your home address, your age, your cell phone number, and an agreement that specifies you will abide by all terms and content guidelines and that you have agreed to these Official competition Rules. Unless you are selected as a winner, your personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be publicly disclosed.
4. Entries will be judged on their merits and the winners will be chosen by a selection committee made up of members of the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission (“Explore St. Louis”), ALIVE Media Group (ALIVE Magazine, Midwest Influencer Network) and Gannett company KSDK (KSDK.com, Show Me St. Louis). [Throughout this document, these entities are referred to as “the judging committee”.]
5. The competition will accept entries between 6 p.m. on March 20 through midnight on April 10
6. A cash prize of $1,000 will be awarded to one winner as well as a prize package that is yet to be determined.
7. By entering the competition, the competition entrant agrees that if selected as an entrant, finalist and/or winner, their entry (and any part of their entry, including photos or video), will become the sole property of the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission (“Commission”) without any fee or compensation to the competition entrant. The competition entrant, if selected as a winner, irrevocably grants the Commission the right to publish their submission or any part of it online or in print, and to use any and all submitted photos and video.
8. Employees, and immediate family members of the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, KSDK.com, Show Me St. Louis, ALIVE Magazine are not eligible to enter the competition. Freelance Midwest Influencer Network employees who are also bloggers are eligible to enter, however they may not participate in the selection of finalists or a winner, and they may not have access to this information prior to it being released to the public.
13. All taxes, fees and surcharges, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners and/or their parent or guardian. The Commission does not make any representations as to the taxable or non-taxable nature of any prize, and competition entrant or their parent/guardian agree to be solely responsible for payment of any such taxes, fees or surcharges, if applicable.
14. Return of any prize as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the winner and selection of another winner.
15. This competition is offered in St. Louis, Missouri, and is governed by the laws of the United States. The forum for any dispute shall be only in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis, Missouri. This competition is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
16. By entering the competition, competition entrants agree to be bound by these Official competition Rules.
17. Competition entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the selection committee, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Commission reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that is found to be tampering with the entrance process, to be acting in violation of the Official competition Rules, or to be acting in a manner which appears to be intended to annoy, harass, threaten or abuse any person.
18. Neither the judging committee nor the Commission is responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any technical or human error which may occur in connection with the competition. No responsibility is assumed for any problem or technical malfunction affecting the receipt of entries. In the event that the competition cannot be held as planned due to a technical problem or cause beyond the control of the judging committee or the Commission, the judging committee may in its sole discretion cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the competition.
19. By entering the competition, competition entrants and their parent/guardian release the judging committee and the Commission, and their affiliated directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, from any liability of any kind arising out of or in connection with the competition or with the acceptance of any prize.
20. Winners may be required to provide, within seven (7) calendar days of request, a signed release from all persons who appear in any submitted photos. Release will be required to be in the form provided by the judging committee.
21. At the judging committee’s sole discretion, prior to receiving a prize, winners may also be required to provide an affidavit of eligibility in a form provided by the committee.
22. No purchase is necessary to win.